The Stone Pony - 24x36 Plexiglass

PLEXI-8.jpg
BRACE.jpg
PROFILE.jpg
PLEXI-8.jpg
BRACE.jpg
PROFILE.jpg
sale

The Stone Pony - 24x36 Plexiglass

800.00 1,000.00

The Stone Pony 2008
Asbury Park, NJ


Original. 36"x24" museum quality 1/8" Gallery Plexi with Sintra back, aluminum brace, mounting bracket, & Certificate of Authenticity.

 

John Roig and Robert Pielka opened The Stone Pony in the winter of 1974. The building was formerly home to Mrs. Jay’s Bar & Grill, a popular restuarant in Asbury Park established in 1922.

The Stone Pony gained popularity by featuring bands of “The Jersey Shore Sound,” a musical style developed a decade earlier in the clubs and dance halls along the New Jersey shore coastline. The Stone Pony’s house band, Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes brought the club national attention when a live concert promoting their debut album was broadcast from the club across the United States.

Both local and touring acts strove to play the Pony in part egged on by the possibility of a suprise appearance by Bruce Springsteen, who frequented the club and often would join bands onstage.

In 1998, then owner Steven Nasar closed the Stone Pony and reopened it as a dance hall called Vinyl. Two years later a restauranteur from Jersey City, Domenic Santana, bought the club and revitalized it as a performance space and museum of rock & roll. Since then the club has only grown larger, expanding to include a Summer Stage area in the lot behind the main club.

The Stone Pony has reached legendary status and serves as a proving ground for both up and coming acts and seasoned veterans and inspires pilgrimages from fans worldwide.

 

Add To Cart

US Domestic Shipping Included

Please allow up to 10 business days for processing.

All purchases are final, no returns.